Stump Grinding and Removal Services
There are many reasons that trees will have to be cut down and having a professional tree service handle this precarious and potentially dangerous is highly recommended. But, once the tree has been safely disassembled and removed there will still be the question of what to do with the large unsightly stump taking up space in your yard.
Completing the project completely and removing the stump is often the best plan of action. Here are some important benefits to consider when choosing to have your stump removed.
- Prevent Regrowth – if you allow the stump to remain as is, you may be facing a fully grown revenant sapling within as little as a few weeks.
- Improve Garden Health – roots below the ground may still be in good health and trying to jumpstart the tree’s survival protocol. This will be sapping the nutrients from your soil and affecting the health of other plants and trees. A dead stump can attract termites and disease.
- Safety Considerations – a stump can be dangerous to children, pets and even full grown adults in perfect physical condition. Stump removal may also prevent you from hitting the remains of the tree with your lawn mower.
- Improves the Look of the Garden – you will find that removing the stump completely greatly improves the aesthetics of the garden.
Getting the advice of a certified arborist is the only way to make a well-informed decision on how to best deal with the stump in your yard. Typically, they will recommend removing the stump, for the aforementioned reasons. There will then be two ways this can be accomplished, stump grinding and removal. Here is what to know about these two different ways to remove the stump from your garden.
What to Know About Stump Grinding and Removal Services
Stump Grinding is another option and involves cutting the tree down to slightly below ground level. The roots and stump are left in place, but ground low enough to be covered by soil or grass. Eventually, the roots and stump will decay and turn to soil.
Here are the Pros and Cons of Stump Grinding
– Fairly easy to accomplish
– No Heavy Machinery Required
– Completed in minimal time
– No giant hole in the ground
– A determined tree could grow back
– Could cause safety hazards if it becomes exposed in some way
– May cause disease to plants and garden
– No multi-purpose hole in the ground
To remove the stump, all the entire root system will have to be excavated and removed. As you can imagine, this will leave a large hole in the ground to deal with as you see fit – how ‘bout that swimming pool?
Here are the Pros and Cons of Stump Removal
– Complete removal looks organized and orderly.
– No chance of regrowth
– Plenty of options for that big hole in the ground.
– Prevents all disease and fungal growth from the dead tree.
– A considerably labor-intensive project
– What ARE you going to do with that big hole?
– Certainly NOT the most eco-friendly idea.
Contact our experienced professional for Stump Grinding and Removal Services at Trees Unlimited | SYS Enterprises | Indiana & Kentucky Tree Services. We can be reached at (502) 724-6950
Trees Unlimited | SYS Enterprises | Indiana & Kentucky Tree Services
8808 Stoney Point Road Charlestown, Indiana 47111